- Certified Financial Planner® certificant in good standing
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™ in good standing
- Certifications and affiliations: Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™, Certified Financial Planner®, Certified Fraud Examiners – Associate Member, Mecklenburg County Collaborative Law Group – Financial Member.
- Divorce Financial Planning – Proprietor, Charlotte, North Carolina. I have worked with hundreds of divorcing or separating clients. A majority of these clients required: Developing the Affidavit of Financial Standing from “source” documents, developing the Equitable Distribution Affidavit from “source documents”, developing the marital asset spreadsheet from “source” documents, grossed up alimony calculations, guideline or “out of guideline” child support calculations, identifying separate property vs. marital property, valuing and dividing marital property, tax effecting retirement assets and/or income, calculating to sell or not sell the marital residence.
- Forensic Domestic Relations Service – I provide forensic financial services for domestic relations attorneys. This includes cash flow analysis of income, tax effecting for alimony, income vs. expenditure calculations, examination of and explanation of restricted stock, stock options, deferred compensation plans, QDRO’s, SERPS, QSIP’s and other means of compensation. Preparation of documents and testimony of ability to pay after deductions, testimony of actual needs based on source documents, fraud or hiding income analysis, lifestyle vs. income analysis. I prepare spreadsheets and testify regarding expendable income after application of tax requirements, tax status of liquidation of compensation plans, retirement accounts, expected income returns on stock liquidation and tax consequences. I provide health insurance cost information, determination of blended tax rates, interpretation of employment agreements, “Golden Parachutes”, and other benefits.
- I am familiar with NC General Statutes regarding Equitable Distribution, Alimony, PSS, Child Support, Distributive Factors, Alimony Factors and have provided frequent affidavits and testimony in Family Court. I prepare, on behalf of clients, Financial Affidavits and ED Affidavits.”
BA degree in Accounting
Financial Planner Program at Queens College (now Queens University), Charlotte, North Carolina